Giving TUEsday campaign to raise funds for CANR Student Club Grants
posted on November 29, 2016 8:02am
Did participation in a student club enhance your MSU experience? This year’s #GivingTUEsday campaign in the college is to raise $5,000 to support Student Club Grants through the CANR Alumni Association.
This fund provides support for scholarships, student club activities and alumni programming in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR). The fund also underwrites the CANR Alumni Association’s Student Club Grant Program.
Student clubs and organizations in the CANR – at the undergraduate and graduate levels – are eligible to submit grant requests in October and February each year to support their special projects and travel to conferences.
Since 2008, when this grant program began, 152 grants have been awarded, totaling over $110,000 and benefitting more than 2,000 students representing every department and school in the CANR.
Give to the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources and Help Raise Grant Dollars for Our Student Clubs
Past projects the fund has supported include:
- Purchasing documentary film rights to show on and off campus
- Assisting with travel to conferences and livestock judging contests at the regional, national, and international levels
- Hosting national and regional conferences at MSU
- Cleaning up the Red Cedar River
- Touring companies to learn more about careers
- Helping maintain and purchase syrup making equipment
- Restoration project at New Orleans City Park after Hurricane Katrina
- Ag Awareness Day
- Research symposiums and forums
- Inner City Parks Program for tweens
Make a gift at http://givingday.msu.edu/projects/ag-and-natural-resources-alumni-scholarship.